Ingo Schaefer is a photographer and author residing in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. His photographic work mainly focuses on dance and portrait photography.
He studied Music and American Studies at the Mercator University in Duisburg where he concentrated on the work of Walker Evans and Robert Flaherty and the American documentary film.
„During the last years I have worked with a variety of ballet companies and choreographers on the photographic documentation of their work. In my photographic work I focus on the creative work of innovative choreographers and dancers of our time, ranging from classical ballet to contemporary dance. It is my goal to capture the expressiveness and elegance of the work of these remarkable artists in the best possible photographic quality.“
Collaboration with the following artists and companies
- Göteborgs Operan (SWE) & Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui (BEL)
- Hessisches Staatsballett & Edward Clug (RO)
- Leipziger Ballett und Mario Schröder (GER)
- Reginaldo Oliveira (BRA) & Salzburger Landestheater (AUT)
- Martin Schläpfer/Demis Volpi & Ballett am Rhein (GER)
- Gil Roman & Béjart Ballet Lausanne (CH)
- Introdans (NL) & Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui (BEL)
- Compagnie Marie Chouinard & Carol Prieur (CAN)
- Xin Peng Wang (CHN) & Theater Dortmund (GER)
- Robert North (USA) & Theater Krefeld/Mönchengladbach (GER)
- Royston Maldoom (GB) & Tanzmoto Dance Company (GER)